MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot logout of Portal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@ lan7: I was thinking about doing the same, but then I learned that the meta http-equiv hurts your Google page rank if set to redirect in less than 30 or so seconds, right?

I'm gonna try what DennisTT suggested, since it seems to be working alright for KuJoe & I get back to this thread. Toungue
It's working perfect; thanks to DennisTT. Had to check the forums path in portal.php & remove the trailing slash from it. Thanks again, dude. Smile
Hello,

This is my first post. I had the same problem of logging out. the portal page (my index page now) still shows me as logged in even if i logout from forums. setting the cookies path correctly solved it.

is it a good practice to have the forum in a separate folder? I have the portal and forums in one place and that is my domain....?

thanks
It's really up to you. If you have a site as well as a forum, it is usually easier to organize your files if you have the forum by itself in its own folder.
DennisTT Wrote:It's really up to you. If you have a site as well as a forum, it is usually easier to organize your files if you have the forum by itself in its own folder.

Thanks Dennis. Right now the default portal is my site ! I am enjoying mybb now. THere are something i need to figure out. for eg, i do not want to change the overall theme, but just the default blue colors on the tables to something else. I tried changing that in the template and the only time i see that color i want is when i refresh the page. so i think that that is just the background color i changed. directions please.
You may want to check out thead_bg.gif and tcat_bg.gif in the images folder. Those are the gradients used in the table headers and subheaders.
Pages: 1 2