MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM notify not working after mass PM sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just sent a mass PM to all members of the board. And all PM's received after that, I and the other members are not getting the emails for them. Nothing has changed on the board.

This is the second time this has happened to my board. I don't remember how I fixed it last time either.
Here is a little update.

I sent the mass PM a few days ago.
All the members BEFORE the pm was sent, the database showed the PMNOTIFY field as NEW or No

After the PM was sent, I had 4 new members signup. Those members that signed up in their PMNOTIFY field was YES.

Is this what is screwing up the process? I don't understand why there would be a new field.

Is this a bug that I'm experiencing.
Another update.

I changed all the PMNOTIFY field data to yes using these strings

UPDATE mybb_users SET pmnotify = replace( pmnotify, 'new', 'yes' )
UPDATE mybb_users SET pmnotify = replace( pmnotify, 'no', 'yes' )

It wasn't working until I sent a new PM to my newest member TEST.
The user Test was sent a notification.
Then I replied back to the admin account from the TEST user.
The admin was sent a notification.

Everything is now working. But, it seems like the mass PM function on my forums is causing my users to have this issue. When I send the mass PM I check the box to override preferrences. So... you guys know the issue that I'm having, and you know the fix, but what is the cause?

Please reply.

Thanks,
David
Bump. I need a support member to look into this issue. I have fixed the issue. I would like to know if someone else comes up with the same problem.
Has anyone taken a look at this?
I would check with your host.

Chances are, they are either limiting the number of emails your server is sending out (perhaps placing them into a mail queue) or even potentially disabling your email functionality for sending out lots of emails at once (some hosts do this to try and stop spammers).
I am the host and that is not the issue.
For some reason the database is being changed after the mass PM is sent.
That would not be caused by an EXIM issue. Also, standard topic notices are still sent out.

If you look above I posted the exact problem and the fix that I used to make it work.
It is possible that this may be a bug that needs looking into, but someone else would need to try and create the same issue.