MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: white screen during instalation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Netrosis Wrote:
<?php header(url:http://yourdomain.com/mybbdir/index.php); ?>

That will give you an error and won't work Toungue

Try this:

<?php header('Location: http://yourdomain.com/mybbdir/index.php'); ?>
I wish I could help you, but I have the exact same problem:
Apache: 1.3.33
MySQL: 4.024
PHP: 4

I install everything correctly. It says that I completed everything and to delete the install directory. I delete the install directory and go to mydomain.com/mybb/ (this is where I stored it). It fails to load (just a blank screen). I completed all steps.

MySQL Info:
Username: myusername
Password: mypassword
Database Name: lupus2k5
Table prefix: mybb_

It has ...done after every MySQL table that was added. None failed.

Created template information successfully

Board Name: no fancy characters, just a space, and alphanumeric characters

Board URL: http://mydomain.com/mybb/

Admin username: myusername
Admin password: mypassword
Admin email: myemail

Everything completed! When I delete the directory it doesn't work!
What tables in your MySQL database exist after installation?
Quote:Apache= 1.3.33
MySql= 4.024
Php = 4
Sorry i dont know if i had loaded any extension in my php.ini

Are you able to create a file for me with the following?
<?php
if(function_exists("mysql_connect"))
{
  die("MySQL functions exist");
}
else
{
  die("MySQL functions do not exist");
}
?>

Save it as a .php file and upload it/move it to your web server document root. Visit it in your browser.

If it tells you that MySQL functions don't exist then they're not built in to PHP. If it tells you they do exist, it is a problem with MyBB and we'll look in to it further.
hehe thanks DennisTT.
I wasn't thinking clearly when I was doing that. and I forgot it was the 's not the "s. :/

This problem is really confusing me.
My other thought is that it may be a browser that could be causing the display problem, so Psychosnake and lupus2k5.
What browsers are you using?
Very strange,

I just struck the same problem... Installed Ok, advised to delete the Install Dir.. etc.. (Normally I use ftp for that.. This time I used cPanelX) posted the URL/admin and ended up with a white dead screen.

Reposted the URL+/forum3/install and went through a second install using exactly the same Db and "Forum3" (Another test Forum).

(The install folder could not have been deleted correctly by cPanelX)

The strangest thing is when the re-installation finished, I went to the URL/admin... and I was already logged in ??

Maybe it needs all cookies and and the file cache deleted before installing it ??? (especially if you do / attempt more than one install... I also had both cPanelX and ftp active at the same time while doing all of the installation etc)... something I haven't done before. (in 12 to 14 installs)

Don't know... but a combination of ftp - cPanelX - cookies and temp files, made a mess of this install, which resulted in a white-screen. Wink

Another crazy thing.... I created a Db mybb (Which I have used before) and cPanelX created two of them at the same time... ??? I deleted one of them, and both were deleted ??? Tried again... same thing Sad

So I created a different one mybb2 etc, and it was fine.

I'm not the smartest wizard in the world.... and cPanelX has the same reputation I believe.. Wink

Logical Conclusion:

Using two separate programmes to install MyBB, and keeping them active at the same time... when one or both of them don't "talk" to each other...

But!... I have been wrong before. Toungue
Hello sorry for the late answer i was on a little holyday tripCool
I have tried it with Internet Explorer, Mozilla firefox and Opera
My installation did the same thing, but right after it created all the tables. It said, to populate the tables click next.

When I do that it takes me to a blank screen.

EDIT: I fixed it... by reuploading the settings file and rechmodding it.

But now there's another error to figure out... no mybb_threads table. Oy.
Are you sure you've installed MySQL extension for PHP, or compiled PHP with MySQL extension? I had the same problem on Linux and it was due to not installed php-mysql RPM.
Chris Boulton Wrote:As it seems to have died after entering database details, do you have the mysql extension loaded in php.ini or built in to PHP?
Chris, I think this is my main problem on my IIS6 machine. I'm using the latest (msi install) MySQL and now php 5.0.5. Can you comment on how you get the mysql extension loaded in the php.ini? Thanks
Pages: 1 2