MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: website & myBB, banning options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my forum located at
www.myurl.com/forums/

and I've hooked up the main URL into myBB and use it to display the news.

www.myurl.com

however, banned users can still view the main web page, but when they get to the forums they get a permissions error.
I was wondering what would be required to ensure that banned users get a permissions error and get locked out when viewing the main page.

I was also wondering if it was possible that when a user is banned, their email, and IP address (optional) are banned.
I've been unsuccessful in stopping people from registering multiple accounts with the same email and I don't know how to stop it.
If you're using a different script for your homepage, you'll have to modify it to query into MyBB's bans to see if a particular user is banned. Of course, if they can view your home page without logging in, you have a problem.

As for banning emails and/or IPs, you can do so under AdminCP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Banning Options.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:If you're using a different script for your homepage, you'll have to modify it to query into MyBB's bans to see if a particular user is banned. Of course, if they can view your home page without logging in, you have a problem.

Its hooked into myBB global and so forth, it can tell if a user is logged in (at least I think so) on the homepage, however as the pages are custom it doesn't block the content, I was wondering which file handles the ban management so I can either build my own mod or include it to restrict access.

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:As for banning emails and/or IPs, you can do so under AdminCP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Banning Options.

I have done that manually, however with the warning system I have installed, some users are automatically banned through the warning system, however they are simply able to create a new account and they are unbanned again.

I am wanting it so when they are put in the banned group, their IP is blocked and no more accounts can be registered with that email.
I believe global.php handles all the banned stuff for you, so if you are include'ing global.php with your scripts, (and using the MyBB template system or similar) it should work.

For for the Forum Warning System, you'll have to modify it so that it adds the appropriate banning stuff in the settings automatically...
This is really weird but my forums & website just got hacked. :/

They left some saudi arabian message about having all our e-downs and stuff. Could there possibly be a SQL injection exploit in one of the mods?
I really can't tell, since I'm not the hacker, unfortunately. There are all sorts of possibilities, including an exploit in a plugin, MyBB or maybe your server software itself...