MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Non-Required Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to have my "non-required" custom profile fields show up on the registration screen. Right now, only my required fields are showing up. Is there an easy way to change this?
They should already show up, so long as they are marked as "editable"
HUH? As far as I am aware, the only custom profile fields that will show up during registration are the required ones.
that sounds right, you may want to request that someone makes a plug-in for this. You can do so in the plug-in requests forum at http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=65
I stand corrected. A stupid piece of code fooled me Toungue

In member.php, find:
			if($profilefield['required'] == "yes")
			{
				eval("\$requiredfields .= \"".$templates->get("member_register_customfield")."\";");
			}
Replace with:
				eval("\$requiredfields .= \"".$templates->get("member_register_customfield")."\";");

You may want to rename Required Fields to something different (either in the language file member.lang.php or in the template member_register)
Awesome! It works! Big Grin

Thank you SO much...

-David
I've wondered myself how to get that to work...but why would we need to rename Required Fields? Just wondering.
Because it would list non-required fields as well. So you'd be lying to your users if you said they were all required Toungue We all know lying is bad. Wink
Good point. LOL...that might be complicated, since if they are all in the same area, how would the user know what was required? Hmm...will have to think on that one before making any changes.
You could add "required" on the name of the Custom Profile Field. An ugly solution because it would be displayed also in the user's profile, but it's the quickest and easiest way to make it known Toungue
Pages: 1 2