MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error uploading Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
just tried to upload a mod. But uploading the file a got following error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method databaseEngine::input_query() in /home/mybbmods/mods.mybboard.com/public_html/includes/functions_mods.php on line 13
The Mod is still listed in my Mod list, but uploading the file again, reproduced the error. So I think there nothing to validate.
Thanks, this should now be fixed.
why everybody can see the errors?
It's unsafe, instead use an error log file or cleverer system that involve Mysql DB and when error occurred the page just show the ID of the error's row/record and all the other information stored in the database.

Just a suggestion... Big Grin
I'm not sure if shared hosts allow you to change that sort of configuration. But I may be wrong.

I tend to have warnings on mainly cause it's easier for me to debug, and others to report issues Toungue
dvb Wrote:why everybody can see the errors?
It's unsafe, instead use an error log file or cleverer system that involve Mysql DB and when error occurred the page just show the ID of the error's row/record and all the other information stored in the database.

Just a suggestion... Big Grin

What you've heard about errors is wrong. The only unsafe part about showing errors is the file system path or db/table. And that is only useful if you've got a hack to go along with it. And what are the chances of that really?
yes you right, but why to take the risk?

I'm using a log file in my sites - very easy to make, less then 10 lines of code with many features like mail report (optional and depending on the error level), ID for each occurance, and full details of the problem. when I need to check the file I download it and use simple text-editor's "find" option to identify specific problems.

anyway, this is just my opinion Big Grin
If you've been hacked, do you honestly think the hacker would only have been able to do if the error messages are shown?

The answer is no