MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Certain Post in portal ? Or 2 columns of announcement in portal page ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hy !

I want to know how can I put content of certain post (like showthread.php?tid=1&pid=2) on portal page, but only message content. (in portal.php)

I hope you can give me a solution, please !
You have to make an Announcement on the forum, and use the "ID" of that forum to pull the item and place it on the portal.

Admin CP > Forum Announcements > *Select Global Announcement or single Forum* > *Type in Content* > Submit

Then go..

Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Portal Settings > Enter ID of Forum containing Announcements
Thank's but I don't want that because I want to show a post with a certain number of tid, and only that.
So... I need a solution to integrate in portal.php just a specific post content (like tid=4).
I really need to know how can I do this...
Something like newsplugin but for a certain post (not all forum).

I need this because I want to have on portal page something like announcement on 2 columns:

[attachment=8732]

but with different post (on 2 columns)

[attachment=8734]
Can you help me, please !?
BUMP, please ? Any solution for announcement on 2 columns in portal page ?
Sad
Or content of certain post in portal page ? Rolleyes

I give you a beer ! CoolBig Grin

[attachment=8762]

or

[attachment=8763]

Any solution, please !?

I try to integrate in portal.php a iframe but is not good ideea because then is displayed all content of a certain post not only message content so... I give up. It works just if I remove all content of postbit template and keep only message... lol... this is a very bad solution.
Next ideea it was to create another announcement system for different forum id, to have in portal page 2 columns but I don't know how...
All I want is to have in portal page 2 columns with different content of specific forums id or posts id...
I really don't know how can I do this. Just 2 columns with different content...

p.s.: sorry for my bad english.

Later edit: I try to find another solution: In this post (show fully text in lastest post column) Lex give us a solution to display posts contents but only for latest posts.

How can I do this for a specific forum fid (I have fid number and this remain fix) ???

It is a solution to have 2 columns on portal page (first with announcement and second with this - latest posts but for a certain forum fid). Any ideea !?