MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Notification ????????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi every body

my problem is there is no Email Notification sent to my members when any other member post a new reply.
i try to change the email between hotmail, yahoo and Gmail but there is no Email Notification received.

also i check my SMTP for my webhost and every thing is work right but i don't know what is wrong ?? and why there is no email notification and email activation sent to the members ??

plz help me
Have you tried the test script here: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
yes i also tried this script :

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

$to = '[email protected]';

if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
{
     echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
}
else
{
     echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
}
?>

it show to me this message : "Mail was sent by PHP", but i don't receive any email.

so what can i do ??
Hi Mr.DennisTT

can i send to you in the private message my cpanel details and administrator forums details to see what is wrong in my forums ???
Modern2Day Wrote:yes i also tried this script :

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

$to = '[email protected]';

if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
{
     echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
}
else
{
     echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
}
?>

it show to me this message : "Mail was sent by PHP", but i don't receive any email.

so what can i do ??

Have you checked your junk/spam folder in your email? If you do not receive any email from that script, then you must ask your web host for further assistance because it is not a MyBB problem. I suggest contacting your webhost's support/help desk.

Regards
This is most likely a problem between your host and email providers. Make sure your host isn't blacklisted. And then make sure emails get sent from your server. Try and create a couple email accounts at different hosts to test (yahoo, msn, gmail and bigfoot).
I hve the same issues, ran the same test. same failure. Per my ISP there is no block. However, I did google and found this http://www.spamhaus.org/index.lasso finding my ISP ip ranges where on the PBL. I submitted the request to get off.

We shall see.
Hi Mr.labrocca
can i send to you in the private message my cpanel details and administrator forums details to see what is wrong in my forums ???
Modern2Day Wrote:Hi Mr.labrocca

I actually change the "from" email address and that fixed my issues. Now regisitration is fixed as for the mass emails.
i don't know what i do to solve this problem. My webhost tell me that there is no problem in your email providers...

so can any body help me plz plz.
Pages: 1 2