MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staffers Have Full Access To ALL FORUMS By Default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanna request a plugin where if you are in a staffer user group and have access to staffer only forums...you can keep such permissions when you join other non staffer user groups where they have no access to staffers only forums...

Actually...why not make the Staffer Usergroups (since they already defaulted)...why not have a way where they got automatic access to all forums no matter what the permissions are...so that we don't have to worry bout them bein in a non staffer usergroup that cant access teh staffer forums but if you make it so that staffers can access all forums regardless of the permission level...than there would be no limitations on which forums the staffers can access..

I hope that makes sense to those who read this...i suck at explainin stuff...sorry if i confuse anyone
This is already possible with MyBB. Make sure the staff have CUSTOM permissions for the staff forums, not the default.

In other words, just go to your AdminCP -> Forum Management -> Permissions, click [set permissions] for the staff usergroup for the staff forums, select the Use Custom Settings Below option button, and click submit at the bottom of the page.
I done this but I notice when they join another non staffer user group (even if it is a secondary usergroup)...what am tryin to say is when a staffer is part of a secondary non staffer user group...they are not able to view nor access staffers only forums...

that is why i wanted to know or maybe suggest a plugin that make it that staffers will have access to all forums regardless of what the usergroup forum permissions are...that staffers have access to all forums no matter what...as i honestly do not know how to set it so that staffers (even when part of a secondary non staffer usergroup) can view and access all forums including staffers only
As I explained above, the reason your staff can no longer access your staff forums after joining a secondary usergroup is because the custom permissions of the secondary usergroup is overwriting the default permissions of the primary group.
However, if you force the primary usergroup's permissions to be custom, like directed above, your issue would be resolved.

It's a 30 second fix for you to set the right permissions - don't be lazy - I doubt anyone will be willing to spend hours writing such a plugin which would only take you about 30 seconds to do anyway.
it worked thanx and sorry didn't mean to be so hard headed and stubborn earlier...wz just frustrated...sorry Big Grin