MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better Signature Seperation Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the instructions to install this plugin it says:
Find Postbit and edit postbit_signature. Replace EVERYTHING with:

<fieldset><legend><strong>{$post['username']}'s Signature</strong></legend>{$post['signature']}</fieldset>

Enjoy Smile

Now I understand what they are saying when they say REPLACE EVERYTHING FOR THE POSTBIT_SIGNATURE TEMPLATE but if I was to do that for the POSTBIT TEMPLATE...wouldn't that mess up everything in the POSTBIT that members actually view on the viewers end??? I mean is there a certain section of the POSTBIT TEMPLATE to edit??? Like I see {$post['signature']} in the POSTBIT TEMPLATE do they mean to replace {$post['signature']} with <fieldset><legend><strong>{$post['username']}'s Signature</strong></legend>{$post['signature']}</fieldset>??? Instead of replacing EVERYTHING IN POSTBIT TEMPLATE with <fieldset><legend><strong>{$post['username']}'s Signature</strong></legend>{$post['signature']}</fieldset>
???

For now I only done the POSTBIT_SIGNATURE TEMPLATE modification and replaced everything in that template with
<fieldset><legend><strong>{$post['username']}'s Signature</strong></legend>{$post['signature']}</fieldset>

But am not goin to mess with the POSTBIT TEMPLATE till someone who has more knowledge of this advises me otherwise...so if anyone who has more experince and more knowledge of this can help me out here, I would greatly appreaciate it. Huge thanx in advance
My interpretation of
Quote:REPLACE EVERYTHING FOR THE POSTBIT_SIGNATURE TEMPLATE
is literally to *only* replace the code in that part, and *not* Postbit as well.
thanx that is what i thought as well...thanx once gain
No probs Wink Glad it was of some help.
By any chance you know how to help me out with this...

I have installed the Extra Fields For Posts Plugin and when I tried testing it out, when makin a post using the Extra Fields For Posts Plugin, I get this mySQL database error message:

MySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Name, Site URL, Link Back Button URL, Site Description, Location Of Our Affiliat' at line 2
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_posts (tid, fid, subject, icon, uid, username, dateline, message, ipaddress, includesig, smilieoff, visible, posthash, Site Name, Site URL, Link Back Button URL, Site Description, Location Of Our Affiliate Code, Type Of Affiliation, Link Back Or Site Advertisement) VALUES ('37', '11', 'Johnny\'s Galsâ„¢ [Affiliation Request]', '0', '1', 'Lady Angelique', '1203886900', 'Would luv to be affiliated with u!', '76.23.223.146', 'yes', 'no', '1', '7a2bc40e9049789ca58d078584c7c851', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')

Huge thanx in advance if you can help me out with this...
I'll try and install this on my local server when I get back this evening. Perhaps you wouldn't mind letting me know your mYSQL version? I think it must be related to that.
actually i got it fix...somene said is in the field name...they said to use _ instead of space. Example when I say "Site Name"...write "Site_Name" instead of "Site Name" as the space is what messed it up.

Now I have fixed it and tested it out...all seem fine till I get to the post itself...where I can't see the actual extra fields plugin...you know how I can make it visable in the actual post itself?? Or am I missin somethin here???
Glad you managed to solve it. I believe all the plugins were developed by Crakter and if this post is anything to go by then I guess it is outdated.
yah but for the extra fields for post plugin...how do i get the extra fields to show up in the actual post itself???? It shows up as a regular post but with no extra fields showing...how can i get it to show up???? how do you make it visable in the actual post itself???