MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordcount Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed the README.HTML instructions for this:
) Upload wordcount.php to your inc/plugins directory.

2) Upload recount_wc.php to your inc/plugins directory, this step is optional.

4) Open up inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

Find:

$l['postbit_posts'] = "Posts:";

Add below:

$l['postbit_wordcount'] = "Words count:";

4) Go and activate the plug-in in your admin CP -> Plugin Manager -> Wordcount

5) Your done.

Yet when I test it out...I don't see the WordCount feature anywhere in the Posting Template...I know this is template related...my question is there some sort of Postbit Template modification that am suppose to do that is missin from the README.html that I should know of and do in order to make the Wordcount Feature visable in the posting template or something?

Huge thanx in advance to anyone who can assist me.
I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that this works rather like the "Who's been online" plugin, which just needs an edit to the language file and activation to make the plugin work.
It seem that plugin might be out of date for the newer/standard MyBB templates, hence it isn't showing up by default.
Labrocca released his version of the 'Who's been online' plugin here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=28860 - so might be worth asking to see if the Word Count one could be updated too? Smile
kaies thanx
where are you finding this plugin to begin with?
ah..ty Zinga..but as the someone mentioned..the word post is not showing up in the posts...any ideas?
That plugin is very old and needs some updating. It changes postbit_author_user which I have a hard time getting variable to work in it. Not sure why...maybe Zinga can figure it out.

If you try and add a variable like the {$post['test']} into the postbit_author_user...I can't get a plugin function to actually parse that unless it's actually in postbit template instead. I am sure I am just doing something wrong.