MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Faster start (XP or Vista)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well,
On my notebook machine i have installed Vista Ultimate with XP Professional.

And IN MY COMPUTER, Vista's desktop become ready in 18-20 SEC(From the time i put my Power button On)!

And XP Pro loads 35-40 SEC(From the time i put my Power button On)!

What about you case? Well. I do hear many times that VISTA loads more slow then XP. BUT WITH ME. TOTALLY OPPOSITE.

Waiting for your answer Guys!

FAISAL!
Vista loads faster on my computer 1-2 sec load time Wink... XP is about 4-9 sec.
TBH, Vista loads faster on my new Laptop then XP does on my Desktop, but I hardly have anything installed on the Laptop.
Can you compare the computer specifications?
10 seconds max for XP
15 seconds for XP on a pentium 4 and 10 seconds for vista. It all depends on computer specifications. To properly compare the speeds you can do a dual boot on one computer or have vista and xp installed on two of the same computers.
Um I have:
Raidmax Ninja
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
2 Gb A-Data memory
OEM Western Digital 300 Gb Hard drive (160 Gb used)
NVidia Geforce 8800 GTS
Windows Vista Ultimate w/ Dreamscene and 8 startup apps (on startup, obviously)

And the stuff that doesn't really matter:
19" ViewSonic w/ speakers
Ideazon ZBoard
Razer Copperhead
On my computer, I always find that fresh installs of Vista load slightly slower than fresh installs of XP, though the difference is small and somewhat unnoticeable.
Most people who do this comparison aren't using fresh installs of XP, and comparing them with fresh installs of Vista.

My main specs:
- AMD Athlon X2 4200+
- 2x512MB DDR500 RAM in Dual Channel DDR
- 2x200GB Harddrives SATA NCQ in RAID0
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:On my computer, I always find that fresh installs of Vista load slightly slower than fresh installs of XP, though the difference is small and somewhat unnoticeable.
Most people who do this comparison aren't using fresh installs of XP, and comparing them with fresh installs of Vista.

My main specs:
- AMD Athlon X2 4200+
- 2x512MB DDR500 RAM in Dual Channel DDR
- 2x200GB Harddrives SATA NCQ in RAID0

Well.
With my system it isn't the case i compare both windows Fresh installs.
And even on my XP i havn't installed any special BIG software but on VISTA i do have all the software i need Wink

Well. it's not a bad idea to start using Vista Because after a few years all will become Vista. As happened in the time of XP, 2000 and all other old Operating system finished and all came into Xp, Such as new advanced software compateblity etc...

WELL. This is what i believe Wink

FAISAL!
Vista is by far the worst software program to ever be released by Microsoft Corporation.
Pages: 1 2 3