MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quotes about MyBB from another board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The forum developers or moders should make cms intergrations. Also the gallery owners should make a forum intergration as they already did (in coppermine). I am approaching 30 i dont have time to learn. Mybb is very good , doesnt need more developers . What it needs is intergrations so many webmasters to be able to use it with their sites. Now webmasters dont pick which is the best forum software but which one has the most intergrations to make their life easier. Since you are very good as u said make some intergrations starting with flashchat and i will give u some cash. Intergrations will bring people to mybb. Thats why smf is so popular although its features dont match those of mybb
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I think the only thing developers need to worry about is getting gold stable and released to the public, a CMS and Gallery type thing can wait.

I've been working on a IRC chat intergation for a while and might release when I feel it's ready for the public. If I would do a flashchat intergation, it wouldn't be anytime soon. I've also thought about 4images gallery intergation, but that one will take a lot of time.

I'm only able to work on do many things at once.
Basically if you want your interigation done so bad, go buy a book on php, learn php, and do it yourself Cool
I reccomend PHP & MySQL for DUMMIES.

its updated to include PHP5 coding.
I used that to initially learn most about PHP and MySQL. once you know the basics, expanding your knowledge is easy after that.

As far as integration goes. there's no point in making any integrations with mybb gold's release looming closely. however, preparations can be made Smile
marcgo15 Wrote:I had the same problem, I requested stuff and nobody would make it. So what I did was pick up a 529 paged book on php and mysql, now i'm very good...

marcgo15 which book you used? At what stage of expertise you were when you started that book? I am a BIG ZERO as far as php/mysql is concerned, will you suggest that book to me?

I agree with Tsakalos on integration issue. But I think we should not demand it from MyBb developers untill they think that MyBB Gold is stable and they have more time to spend else where. But am sure that third-party integration is vital for any board system to grow faster.
chiefsaab Wrote:marcgo15 which book you used? At what stage of expertise you were when you started that book? I am a BIG ZERO as far as php/mysql is concerned, will you suggest that book to me?

I knew very little about making scripts. The book I picked up is called "Instant PHP 4". I found it on Amazon.com, it only cost $6.99 used (the retail cost is $49.99). The book comes with a CD with sample scripts, from there I learned to change the code making it do what I want. It take time to learn, no question about it, but it's worth it in the end.

Have a look at this link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search...14-6004022

you should find something right for you.
Pages: 1 2