MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Merge System 1.0 RC3 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Will78 Wrote:still no IPB 2.3 wow

Is there a problem? You cannot wait like everyone else?

Thanks to everyone else Smile
great job this even works with the beta 3.7.4 of vbulletin
At last PunBB !

Thanks for your work!

I'll test it this week end Wink
I just tested this out on my weather forum www.wxtopic.com/forums, it worked well, thanks MyBB, you guys rock!

**Grabs the developers and shakes them while screaming YEAHHHHHHHH**
Great job, been looking forward for the VB module. Thank you!
Thank you Tikitiki. Great Job ! Wink
For some odd reason, I can not view my staff forums (hidden ones) and admin permissions are right :-\ I converted from SMF if that helps.
kruzzen Wrote:For some odd reason, I can not view my staff forums (hidden ones) and admin permissions are right :-\ I converted from SMF if that helps.

This thread is not for support. Please post your problem in the correct forum.
I've just tested converting a PunBB 1.2.16 with this tool but it failed. Here's how:

- I installed a fresh MyBB (using the fr/us pack from MyBB.fr)
- I used the converter, It showed no error message and everything seemed to be fine (forums, users, ...)
- But now my admin account is a plain member account and I can't login (I actually can but after I'm redirected I'm still listed as being a guest). I first thought it had to do with cookies so I clean my browser's cookies and made sur the cookie settings for the board was correct but it doesn't help.

Any idea? Maybe create some sort of temporary Admin account after the fresh install of MyBB so I can set my old Admin permissions back after the convertion?

Oh! And I suppose that when users from PunBB got converted, they all lost their passwords right? What's the most simple procedure you can tell them they have to do so they get back their hands on their accounts?

Edit: I just tried that "temp admin" technique and it worked. I'll keep testing now... ^^
iryx Wrote:I've just tested converting a PunBB 1.2.16 with this tool but it failed. Here's how:

- I installed a fresh MyBB (using the fr/us pack from MyBB.fr)
- I used the converter, It showed no error message and everything seemed to be fine (forums, users, ...)
- But now my admin account is a plain member account and I can't login (I actually can but after I'm redirected I'm still listed as being a guest). I first thought it had to do with cookies so I clean my browser's cookies and made sur the cookie settings for the board was correct but it doesn't help.

Any idea? Maybe create some sort of temporary Admin account after the fresh install of MyBB so I can set my old Admin permissions back after the convertion?

Oh! And I suppose that when users from PunBB got converted, they all lost their passwords right? What's the most simple procedure you can tell them they have to do so they get back their hands on their accounts?

Edit: I just tried that "temp admin" technique and it worked. I'll keep testing now... ^^

Not being able to login actually is indeed a cookie problem. And no, no passwords are lost with the merge system if you follow the instructions properly.

Second, please create a separate thread in the Merge System Support forums. This thread is for discussing the merge system only.

Third, if your going to run the merge system again (with a clean install and everything) before you run it go into index.php and change:

define("WRITE_LOGS", 0);

to

define("WRITE_LOGS", 1);

Then once you finish the merge system zip up the log directory (in your mybb/convert/ directory) and PM me them
Pages: 1 2 3 4