MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sub Forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Sub-Forums, is there any way of NOT making them apear in the main forum veiw? and is there a way of creating catagorys? like in vBulletin?
yes its possible to create categorys...
when creating a new forum choose No on the question "Act As Forum?"
ah, cool!
what about the sub forums?
you mean so that they only can be seen inside of an existing board.. ?
..hope you understand what i mean ^_~

-edit-
well anyways im gonna go to bed but if i understood you right then its the Parent Forum option you want to change...
and if i understood you wrong i blame my lack of sleep Big Grin
yeah, only want i to be seen inside an existing forum, but when i select parent forum, it still shows it in my main veiw.
This is how you make a subforum. I'll use this forum as an example.

Lets say I wanted a subforum in General Support, this is what i'd do.

Login into the admin cp. Under Forum Management click "Add New Forum", Add the forum details. Look for "Parent Forum", I'd put "General Support" since thats the forum I want the subforum to be inside. After setting all the options, click "Add Forum".

If you did that currectly, the subforum will show inside the forum you have have picked (it would be General Support since that what I used as an example).

I hope that helps you out.

Marc
But it still apears in the main forum veiw,i dont want this.
z3rb Wrote:But it still apears in the main forum veiw,i dont want this.

Please post the link to your forum. Also what forum should have "subforum" inside it?
Hey z3rb,

I'm not sure...Do you mean that the subforums are shown when you enter the parent forum and that they are not shown on the index page?
I believe that it's not possible with RC4, but with MyBBGold it will be. Wink

Greets,
Michael