MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global.php error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have seen this before but cant find solution on forum.
Quote:Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/southont/public_html/forum/global.php on line 13
Any help would be appreciated Smile

This is after updating from 1.2.6 to 1.2.12
Okay what the error is saying that it can not open or find the file ./inc/init.php so can you re-upload the files init.php and global.php hope that works for you.
I tried that and still getting the error.
Any help please? My forums have been down for awhile now.
Hi,

I presume your forum is installed at /home/southont/public_html/forum/ ?
And are you certain that the file /home/southont/public_html/forum/inc/init.php exists? If it does, double-check that it is readable by the webserver (ie you may have to CHMOD the file to 0644).
init.php is CHMOD to 644 already
/home/southont/public_html/sops/forum/inc/init.php

Changed global.php line 13 to :
./forum/inc/init.php and I can get my index page but trying to goto the forum i get errors like before but 2 pf them.

My structure is not at the root.My root is a splash page then leads to /sops with loads the MKPortal index.SOPS directory has my MKPortal and FORUM folders.

I am going to assume I need to change a few files so that init.php can be seen? This is odd because I have several sites and this is the only one with this issue.Perhaps it is because I went from 1.2.6 straight to 1.2.12 rather than update one at a time in versions?
Only bumping because new info added and really need to get site back online please.
Okay did this only start when you updated to 1.2.12 from 1.2.6 if so maybe some things have changed so is your MKPortal up-to-date and did you run the upgrade script on the forum when updating?
I ran the upgrade script and MKPortal is not up to date but that shouldn't matter because I have others that same version.
I think some MyBB files are changed and I need to manually change some things in some php files....maybe not?
Oh MKPortal? You should have said so.

You'll probably need to modify your pages outside your forum/ directory so that they chdir to your forum directory.

For example, change a line like:
require_once './forum/global.php';
to
chdir('./forum');
require_once './global.php';

Please note that this is not a MyBB issue, but an issue with your add-on.
Pages: 1 2