MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am unsure how to do this, I have the two MyBB databases on the one server.

The convert script only asks for the details of one database, so how is it grabbing the details of the second database?

I can't exactly import the second database into the first in phpmyadmin cause they have the same table prefix, I would assume the first would get overwritten if I were to do that.

So, what do I do with the second database in order for the conversion script to be aware of it?
The one it asks for is the SECOND database. The merge system should be installed on the recieving database.
Thanks labrocca. The convert script database configuration page says this "Please enter the database details for your current installation of MyBB."

So I took it as meaning the database I am merging into.
Ah, sorry. I'll clear that up for the next RC
What if the second Mybb forum is on a different server. In what format do I enter the Database Host name?? Obviously its not local host

Do I just enter the domain name?? If so in what format??

Thanks Cool
Any help with this, if I enter the domain name its not working
Some db's are not accessible from non-localhost. Try to do a telnet to the servers DB port.

And the DB name is normally the IP address...since that's going to be quicker than a DNS lookup.
Thanks labrocca for the reply, its probably easier to move them on to the same server