MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb+Mkportal Experties Please Help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!,
I want to begin a Online network site like www.elakiri.com & www.anemanda.com ... but both these communities they use vbulletin... Both those sites are very nice.
1.Can i develop my site like that using Mybb+Mkportal?
2.They add Songs download section in both sides Can i use also those?
3.Their lefthand side bar and righthand side bar is also larger than Mkportal mybb demo one .. can i use this sizes?
4.Can i use Forum Feed in portal page?
5.and the other thing is i checked in Mkp+mybb demo site.. then i click forum link and then show me a forum with sidebars.... but in my example sites(www.elakiri.com) in click the forum tab show full forum.. can i do this?

Can you please help me to develop my site 100% like above mentioned sites..please guide me to develop thatone...And please check above sites and Guide me how to do this..Is there any other way to develop above like site pls tell me I need all the experties answers..i'll be waiting for your answers
thanks
janith
You should ask this at the MKPortal site since it is the portal that you want to build.
The short answer though is yes, you can have it like those sites with MyBB and MKPortal.
1) Yes i have seen people use Mkportal with MyBBoard.
2) You can have a download section plugin but for the songs they must not be copyrighted if they are you would have to get permission.
3) You can edit the templates to set the sizes of them bars to your liking.
5) I think you can as that would be anther plugin that i seen but i am not 100% sure.

When you say "Can you please help me to develop my site 100%..." the MyBBoard staff team and members will be more then happy to give you tips and help you with how to do it but will not do it all for you.
If you ask me, all of this can be done without MKPortal, not that I'm trying to discourage its use, but the default MyBB Portal and the default header template could be easily edited to look just like that.
You can do everything you asked about with MkPortal.

It is great software and is very easy to use. I would reconmend that you start by finding a theme though because MkPortal dosn't have as big a range of themes compared to mybb so i would suggest finding an Mk theme that you like and finding a mybb theme to match.

I use MkPortal on two sites now including the one in my signature so i know a fair bit about it so feel free to PM me if you need a hand.
Yeah, I agree with lorddonk. MkPortal is awesome but I must admit, the same thing can be achieved without it. They offer other things like topsites, galleries, downloads section, integration with forum (MyBB has integration with itself Toungue), etc... It's all good until you need those things. That's when you get MkPortal Wink.
Yes all of those things ARE possible i use them myself.

http://www.rune-city.com

Integration with Forum requires a small code edit to /forum/inc/functions.php?

Read mkportal doc for more info :~D
janith Wrote:hi!,
I want to begin a Online network site like www.elakiri.com & www.anemanda.com ... but both these communities they use vbulletin... Both those sites are very nice.
1.Can i develop my site like that using Mybb+Mkportal?
2.They add Songs download section in both sides Can i use also those?
3.Their lefthand side bar and righthand side bar is also larger than Mkportal mybb demo one .. can i use this sizes?
4.Can i use Forum Feed in portal page?
5.and the other thing is i checked in Mkp+mybb demo site.. then i click forum link and then show me a forum with sidebars.... but in my example sites(www.elakiri.com) in click the forum tab show full forum.. can i do this?

Can you please help me to develop my site 100% like above mentioned sites..please guide me to develop thatone...And please check above sites and Guide me how to do this..Is there any other way to develop above like site pls tell me I need all the experties answers..i'll be waiting for your answers
thanks
janith
im admin of anemanda.com contact me i ll tel u