MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users not recieving PM alerts regardless of settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My rpg forum is located at http://sinosleep4rpgs.com .

Regardless of the settings that I try to set for pms, or have users set in their profiles for pm alerts they only get them occasionally. Does anyone else have this problem or know a way to fix it or some kind of 3rd party workaround or something? Again, I've tried various profile, admin, and internet browser settings and nothing seems to work. Sometimes users get a pop up, sometimes they don't. The vast majority of the time they don't.
do you have it so members get an email when they join so you can check if its there email is this working. if you dont have this on turn it on then make a test user to see if you get an email post back here what happens
Speaking of emails, mass emails don't seem to function either.
are you on a windows or Liunx sever
Do any email functions work? (e.g. email validation on register, thread subscriptions, email other user, etc)

Can you try this debug script [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
DennisTT Wrote:Do any email functions work? (e.g. email validation on register, thread subscriptions, email other user, etc)

Can you try this debug script [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Validations. thread subscriptions, and SINGLE emails/pms work fine. The problem is that my users aren't getting alerted when they recieve an email, even if they have the correct settings in their user control panel. They are only arleted to new emails occasionally. The mass email function doesn't seem to work at all. I will try the debug script though.