MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PunBB to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried the updated software to day and unfortunately didn't get very far.
I'll be first to admit I am no expert.
I seem to be having trouble connecting to existing db.
When dbase name or password was wrong I got a connection error.
It seems to be connecting but I just get a blank page.

Report from conversion:

General
-------
Board merged: punBB 1.2
Import began: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:28:24 +0000
Import finished: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:28:27 +0000

Database Query Statistics
-------------------------
Queries on MyBB database: 64
Queries on old database:
Total query time: 0.085483551025391
You'll need to get the correct details from your host of your PunBB installation
Well I verified database information.
It gets in the database but is being denied the data.
Like ok you have the key to open the database but not permission to make changes. Is that possible?
Could someone help me with this conversion.
Set a time to talk on the IRC channel or something.
Maybe verify some settings even if I need to give you access to the boards for conversion help.
Hi Cord,

There is nothing we can do on our end to help you. You need to contact your host to fix any problems you are having with your database.
I still want to convert this is there a place I can go to hire someone to do this for me?
I did more research on the merger system and why it was not working.
Mostly my fault - I must think I was confused about this line.

To convert or merge a forum, you must have a version of MyBB 1.2 installed on your server, as well as a copy of the database of the forum to be merged on your server.

I now believe that refers to the mysqlserver and not your hosting account. I use shared hosting and can't get them on the same mysql server directly. I can create a copy download it to my pc.
Point a new install of mybb to my pc and convert it on my pc.

Is that correct?

Ok I was able to convert one of my small older forums - it was very small with no pics.

I have another dead forum ill try converting it before I proceed with the one a care about.