MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems concerning N. Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

After using another theme for quite some time, I decided to switch to N. Design (Link) for a change.

Yet, since I'm using sidebars, the theme is a bit too narrow with its 808px.

Consequently, I tried to change the page container variable from 808px to 90%
[Image: 30506352aj6.th.jpg]

Still the result is not quite how I thought it would be:
Before my change, my board looked somewhat like this:
[Image: 97364547ff2.th.jpg]
Afterwards it looked like this:
[Image: 41159954zl5.th.jpg]
The theme itself is looking weird (the borders next to the table are gone) and its still not as wide as it should be.
Does anybody have any idea how to change that theme
- to the correct width of 90%
- without ruining it?

Any help would be appreciated!
Of course it's going to look like that. The Banner has a certain width, if you expand the forums width it's not going to fit in.
rcpalace Wrote:Of course it's going to look like that. The Banner has a certain width, if you expand the forums width it's not going to fit in.

Yes, sure. I'm not thinking that any jpg would mystically expand, just because I changed the value of some table. Wink Thats not what I asked:
My main problem is: I want the forum to be wider. However increasing only the forum container's width does not work:
Even if I enter a value of lets say 100% for the forum container, the width is still around only 900px with huge blank spaces on both sides and won't get more. Besides the black borders on both sides of the table disappear. If I enter a absolute value of lets say 1200px, this causes the forum only to expand on the right, not on the left side.
scoove Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:Of course it's going to look like that. The Banner has a certain width, if you expand the forums width it's not going to fit in.

Yes, sure. I'm not thinking that any jpg would mystically expand, just because I changed the value of some table. Wink Thats not what I asked:
My main problem is: I want the forum to be wider. However increasing only the forum container's width does not work:
Even if I enter a value of lets say 100% for the forum container, the width is still around only 900px with huge blank spaces on both sides and won't get more. Besides the black borders on both sides of the table disappear. If I enter a absolute value of lets say 1200px, this causes the forum only to expand on the right, not on the left side.

This is a styles problem from who styled it.