MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have some suggestions:

1.) Enable a fast reply module that can become automatic if set in the Admin CP like in Invision Power Board.
2.) Have a mod_rewrite file available for download, or do what vB does and have an archive of the forums but .html style.
3.) In the User CP, make the navigation fonts bigger, and the ordering better; it's so hard to find the "Edit Signature" link.
4.) Allow subforums to be created.
5.) Charge for this forum software - $50 should be a great yearly competitor price - and hire some designers to get some official skins.
6.) Administrators and moderators become more active here!

Thanks for your time. Take these suggestions into strong consideration, please. Big Grin
Quote:1.) Enable a fast reply module that can become automatic if set in the Admin CP like in Invision Power Board.
Fast Reply like Quick Reply? myBB already has that!!
Quote:2.) Have a mod_rewrite file available for download, or do what vB does and have an archive of the forums but .html style.
This feature is in myBB Gold already. myBB Gold is the next version of myBB due out eventually Smile (no release dates available).
Quote:4.) Allow subforums to be created.
They already can be created.
Quote:5.) Charge for this forum software - $50 should be a great yearly competitor price - and hire some designers to get some official skins.
ARE YOU UUMMMM......CRAZY @_@!!!! Thats what makes myBB so great!! Its free!!! No ones wants software you have to pay for!!! Charging $50 will make myBB less popular. As for skins check out http://mybbthemes.net/
Quote:6.) Administrators and moderators become more active here!
They are active. MusicalMidget, Tochjo, DennisTT, marcgo15, Cory, and myself are on at least once a day, if not more. And with myBB Gold being created, Chris (the main developer) is very busy ATM.
What k776 said Smile

As for #3, I think the reason why they are small in font size is that the navigation bar would then be larger and cover more area of your screen.
Don't be worried if you don't see me online for a few days in a row, i'm very busy setting up the new server at the moment. Although we're not very active here sometimes, don't worry - the code is being worked on. The last revisions of the code were sent to the server 29 minutes ago by Dennis.

Just watch this place Toungue
Re: Fast Reply, I assume he meant IPB's basic equivalent to WDZ's Quick Quote. I suppose that's a possible main feature; I don't know if any public mods exist.

As for charging for mybb :| Don't you dare chris you little devil Toungue

We are active. You might not see us when you are here, but we are around Wink.
Quote:5.) Charge for this forum software - $50 should be a great yearly competitor price - and hire some designers to get some official skins.
I dont think we should release a paid version...at least not yet, well as for them designers...thats why im here lol
There lurking around in the shadows somewhere lol
Yep, I'm on everyday checking on this site an excess of 20+ a day. You just don't see me since well...I'm not visible on the whose online list. I don't know why I chose this, but I just do, plus I'm too lazy to try to unhide myself.

And as for themes, yes you could visit http://mybbthemes.net ...it's more or less a month old with about 11 themes already. I haven't had time to work on more since I was dealing with priority issues in life and was just taking a break and also making a theme just for the site.

NOTE: It's currently down. I don't know why yet, but I'm going to try to bring my site back ASAP, so please bare with me.
Man you guys are here!? How come nobody ever replies when I try to offer money to custom skins? :'(

I do think myBB should cost money; at least Gold should.
IPB went paid and alot of people got pissed, but they were a big company so that is a different story, they were successful, no bashing on MyBB, but if MyBB went paid, we'd be in the shithole
Pages: 1 2 3