MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
php 5.2.1
sql 5.0

I know have have the username and password correct. I even created the database (mbb) but regardless if I use sql or sql improved option, I keep getting the error message;

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Could not select the database 'mbb'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?

Any ideas?
Well, the error message doesn't lie. Contact your host to make sure you've got the right information.
I have already done that. That is how I know that the username and password are correct.

I guess it is time to look at some other software. Too bad. I was looking forward to using this.
Your going to get the same error on every-other-software-out-there because I can assure you whatever the database details you are using, they are wrong.

Good luck getting it to work on other software. No offense, but maybe after you get to the third software, you'll realize the details actually are wrong.
Yeah, make sure you have the right database information.

If you are on a host who has CPanel then your database is probably your CPanel login username followed by an underscore ( _ ) then followed by mbb.

Ex: username_mbb

Same is true for the database user with CPanel hosting.

BMR777
Be sure to create the database before installing the software.
I Have The Same Problem...Can Anyone See If TechHotel.no-ip.biz Works....Plz Tell Me..My Localhost Won't Connect Its techhotel.no-ip.biz/phpmyadmin/

See If It Takes You there..
The server at techhotel.no-ip.biz is taking too long to respond.
DennisTT Wrote:The server at techhotel.no-ip.biz is taking too long to respond.

Thank You, I Try Put Port 80 In Portforward But It Wount Work