MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vbulletin skin for mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was using a VB-like skin(mbulletin) and it looked quite similiar to this site(http://militarytalk.net). But I changed it back to MyBB default because I thought if I wanted VB, I should buy a VB license but then I got a complaint from a user that they liked that skin better. But I really think that skin is a rip off of VB and shouldn't be used and if someone really wants VB then they should buy one. Is there anything wrong with using a VB-like skin in mybb?
I don't care much for vB skins personally, but you could keep the other one as an additional option for that user, and set another one as default. Wink
Yeah, I personally would leave it just as an option as that doesn't hurt anyone or anything.

I like vB skins, but I think you can do more (with less complaining from the software) with less skills with MyBB.
Quote:But I really think that skin is a rip off of VB and shouldn't be used and if someone really wants VB then they should buy one. Is there anything wrong with using a VB-like skin in mybb?
Well you are right, if you want a vB, you should by it. Its worth for its money! If you only like the look of the vB, i think ~150$ are a little bit too much for a skin. Wink

The "MyBulletin" theme i created is no rip, because there are no copyright violations with the symbols or the html-code.
rep- Wrote:I was using a VB-like skin(mbulletin) and it looked quite similiar to this site(http://militarytalk.net). But I changed it back to MyBB default because I thought if I wanted VB, I should buy a VB license but then I got a complaint from a user that they liked that skin better. But I really think that skin is a rip off of VB and shouldn't be used and if someone really wants VB then they should buy one. Is there anything wrong with using a VB-like skin in mybb?

What's wrong with having a skin that's similar to vbulletin. There are vb skins out there, that are similar to IPB, and the other way around. But it's your choice...
You could go ahead, and buy a license for software you basically can get for free.