MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adsense Inline ad problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HI everyone,

i still don't get it. i have change the seperator to inline ads but now working.

can someone explain where i go wrong?

thanks
I am also having this issue. I did exactly what this thread asked as well.
See example: http://www.forumseed.com/forumseed-navig...t-739.html

Mod is installed and activated. Any help would make me love you forever :p
I see no seperator...Make sure you follow the instructions well.
I followed this instruction:

Quote:replace {$seperator} with {$inline_ads}

Is there something more I should do? If so and I have missed it, I apologise.
If you added the code and it still doesn't work you might need to run the Mybb upgrade script. I noticed I had problems getting some mods to display properly until I ran the Mybb upgrade script again.

If you still have Mybb 1.2.12 archived on your machine, extract it and upload the "Install" directory to your forums root.

Make sure your /inc/settings.php is chmod to 777. Now in your web browser type in your websites url and run the upgrade script as shown in the example below:

http://yoursite/forum/install/upgrade.php

After you get done performing the upgrade script, delete the install directory, then chmod the /inc/settings.php back to 644 and check and see if the inline ads are now working.

Note that in order for the ads to be displayed requires an account with adsense or another advertiser and you'll need to add the ad code in the inline ads options in the AdminCP.

Also be sure you haven't set group exclusions. If you excluded admins or staff from seeing ads, as long as you are logged in as a staff member or admin you will not see the ads.
My template is updated as well as the forum. I also have an adsense account which isn't making any money LOL but its no big deal. I'll add adsense without the plugin :p but it works on some of my other forums...
Just try running the upgrade script again as suggested. My themes/templates were also completely updated at the time, however running the upgrade script an additional time got some stingy mods to start working properly.

If that doesn't work, then we can troubleshoot other possible causes that might cause this problem such as mod conflicts. A list of your currently installed/activated mods might do a bit of good also.
Pages: 1 2