MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MOD - Bridging Coppermine & MyBB-RC4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wink

I have the Cheek to call this a MOD because MyBB-RC4 has to be modified for it to work. Toungue

I have used this procedure twice, and it works fine for me and works as expected.

There is NO Guarantee it will work on your particular configuration........... You install it using this procedure at your own risk. If you have any doubt, then consult the Coppermine Manual, as this is simply an abridged version of instructions for MyBB-RC4 & MySQL that suits my application.

And like Coppermine who repeat their instructions in RED to emphasize them.

YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MyBB ADMIN NAME AND PASSWORD WITH COPPERMINE ALSO! (Am I Serious..?? YES)

Coppermine uses two cookies, the names must be different, the paths must be the same.

Go to: MyBB Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > General Configuration >

1. Cookie Domain: and change to .yourdomain.com (Your url and note the DOT in front).
2. Cookie Path: and change to / (root)

Upload Coppermine .zip file to the public dir on the server and extract it there.

Create in Coppermine Dir/albums/uploads dir.

CHMOD to 777 (You may need to make this 755 depending on your server setup)

/albums
/albums/userpics
/albums/uploads
/albums/edit

/include

** BACKUP YOUR MYBB DATABASE ** (You will also need to know what the Names & Password are, for entering into Coppermine)

In a browser go to: http://yourdomain.com/coppermine_folder/install.php

Fill in User Name / Password / Email etc. (Good idea to use the same ADMIN NAME & PASSWORD as your MyBB otherwise you WILL run into problems once it's bridged) Sad

MySQL Config:

Database Name: Same as MyBB.
Database Username: Same as MyBB.
Database Password: Same as MyBB.
Table Prefix: Leave as cpg140.

After coupling the database, Click Login, and log into Coppermine.

Bridging:

As Admin, Click Admin Tools, scroll to the bottom and Click Bridge Manager.

Click Start bridging wizard > MyBB RC4 Radio Button > Next.

Forum URL: Enter your URL path to your forums (No forward slash on the end).

Relative Path: should be ../your forum folder name/inc/ (ADD the forward slash to the end).

BBS Specific Settings: I chose NO to make it easier at this stage.. (You can always change it later).

Click Next > Click the 'Enable' radio button > finish.

The next option screen is to enable / disable the Bridging Wizard. You have already installed it... DO NOT use this function unless you are going to disable the bridge.

You have also now 'LOCKED' Coppermine to the Forum (MyBB) and cannot access it from the web.

Go to: MyBB Admin > Templates > Modify / Delete > and add or insert this line (Changing 'yourwebsite and yourcoppermine-folder' to suit) to these three Templates :

toplinks * toplinks_admin * toplinks_member

<li><a href="http://www.yourwebsite.com/yourcoppermine-folder/index.php">Gallery</a></li>

Go to: Your Forums and Click Gallery.. It will take you to Coppermine where you will have to log in.. This will take you back to the Forum to login, as 'Cookies' have not been established yet.
Sign into the forum using your Admin Name (The same as you entered in Coppermine Admin) and re-click the Gallery Link.. you should now be Admin at Coppermine.

One more thing to do........ Smile

As Admin, Click "Groups" and Apply Modifications, Even if you don't change any. (this is supposed to synchronise the database).

Now all you need to do is to set up Coppermine for access / permissions / limits etc.

And that's it... Easy! isn't it ?? Toungue
Thanx but i already have coppermine installed and i already have 300 members. So i dont need fresh install. If i empty the cpg users table the albums wont be lost? How i do i bridge an existing cpg install ?
Hi Tsakalos,

Firstly I would upgrade it.. But from memory, all bridging needed to share the Same Database in the previous versions. So if you previously installed it with its own Database.. You may be able to bridge permissions but not the full functions as we noted in the test forum.

Here's some instructions from Coppermine, But I think that your question would no doubt find a more qualified answer at Coppermine forums. Wink

QUOTE:

Upgrading from cpg1.2.x or cpg1.3.x to version cpg1.4.1

First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directoy.
Unpack the archive
If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it.
Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.
If you have not already done so, create a folder called "edit" within your "albums" directory - this folder will be used by coppermine as a temporary folder, do not ftp-upload files there. Make sure the new "edit"-folder is CHMODed the same way your albums-directory is (755 or 777, depending on your server's config)
Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database.
If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme - refer to the theme-upgrade guide.
You can not use language files from older versions of Coppermine - make sure to only have the language files that come with this package inside your lang folder (delete or rename all files from older versions within the lang folder)
Please note: as there have been changes both in the coppermine files and the database from cpg1.3.0beta to cpg1.3.0 (final), users of the beta will have to apply all steps mentioned above: both the files have to be replaced and the update.php script has to be run once.

No the problem is not in upgrading. I already upgraded. The problem is how to bridge 1.41 wity mybb when it already has albums ? also they dont give yet 141 support since its beta
I would be more inclined to ask them the question on how to combine both databases and how to manually link it from Coppermine. It's not necessarily 1.4.1, it's the question of whether it can be done or not.

I suspect two databases can be combined with some effort, and risk, and then so long as the pointers are or can be reset in Coppermine to the new database (because it will be a combined table with different headers) Viz: mybb_ and cpg140_ then it may be possible.

Don't know ??
ok i did the bridging it worked. In cpg memberlist though the members are not displayed. Also the existing albums remain but they display wrong name lol
for example a user bob who had is album now the album exists but it belongs to user Mark for example lol
LOL! I know what you mean... Smile

This is a guess... and it's your risk ??

Go to Coppermine Admin and refresh the Database, also refresh 'Groups'.

Go to the server Db and refresh that Db also...

What else is there left to do ?? Wink

If it's still a problem... I'm out'a here.......... LOL!
this is in the doc file
5.2.3 Coppermine users, groups and pics uploaded by users are lost when integrating
Warning: If you already have users and custom groups in your coppermine database when you enable bbs integration, be aware that they will be lost. If your coppermine users have already created private albums and uploaded pics to them, they will be lost as well!

Yes, I read that in the Coppermine Instructions... But you have already went ahead and Bridged it anyway...

No offence, Questions about Coppermine and MySQL, really belong on the Coppermine forums. MyBB could be any forum software and the question would remain the same.

There must be lots of others who face the same problem, and while Coppermine doesn't support it officially... I suspect the forums will have lots to chat about about the upgrade and bridging problems whether it be 1.4.1 or any problem associated with Coppermine - MySQL.
No this doesnt belong to coppermine only but it belongs to mybb as well cause if we find the solution other mybb users who want to bridge they will find help.
Pages: 1 2 3