MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smethead's Forum Warning System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to activate this and refresh admin cp...where the navigation menu of the admin cp is...I get this error message

/home/scerinas/public_html/inc/languages/english/importantmsgs.lang.php does not exist

I do not see this missin file anywhere in the plugin package...where can I get it???

Can someone please help me out here??? huge thanx in advance
*BUMP*
*bump*
Okaies, is there another forum user warning system I can use aside from Smethead's Warning System????
Jeez....that error is from an entirely different plugin.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/important-messages-1.3.7

In the download of that plugin he didn't properly place the file structure and left instructions on where each file went. You most likely just uploaded them all as-is.

Quote:1) Upload importantmsgs.php to your inc/plugins directory.

2) Upload admin/importantmsgs.php to your admin directory.

3) Upload importantmsgs.lang.php to your inc/languages/english/admin directory.

4) Go and activate the plug-in in your Admin CP -> Plugin Manager -> "Important messages on index."

5) You got an new Section in your Admin CP now, scroll down to the bottom of your menusidebar and you'll see "Important messages"

6) Add as many messages as humanly possible =)

7) Ignore importantupgrade.php file, this is not for you.

8) Your done.

Read install files please.

Smetheads plugin hasn't created that error.
it worked thank u...

no it wz me not him...for some reason when i activate this plugin it effects the other files of the important message and extra fields for post plugins...

i reuploaded them and all is fine now...or so it seems...hopefully there are no more issues in regards to this warning system plugin as am luvin it already!!!!

thanx!
u know what i notice...just now...

both of those plugins the important message extra fields for post are made by cracker...i never had an issue with the important message one but the extra fields for post i have a few issues with and he is no where to be find and it is an excellent plugin as it is a good idea for a form like template but to get them to show up in the post even when i do as he say in his instructions to add the fieldnames to the template (which screws up my entire forum)...i still have issues...

I mean is annoyin but i dont want to not use it can you help me out there with this issue plz? i mean if you dont wanna or cant i will understand..
Cracker ain't around and his plugins were mostly written for 1.1x series. He updated a few to work with 1.2x but without being diligent with releases old plugins tend to stop functioning properly eventually. This is why some authors are just waiting for 1.4 before releasing new work. 1.4 btw has a built in warning system. It's why I won't bother installing Smetheads anymore since 1.4 will have it's own. To be honest...extra fields for posts isn't really needed. Mybb 1.2 added custom profile fields and they are very easy to add to the postbit. The wiki has instructions..takes just seconds.

As for important messages..I prefer to use Musical Midgets Board Message:

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/board-message
i dont want to use extra fields for post plugin for profiles..

i want to use it for affiliates request and graphics request forms

thank you for ya help
how can i preview new features for 1.4 version of mybb? i want to see what they will have too...thank u