MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Installator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i go to the installator folder and then into resources and open file "mysql_db_inserts", i see only a few inserts but when i install forum and export they are allot
I wonder i i copy those insert queries so i can build my installer of my site(torrent source wich is free) and paste them will they be enough because im building like your installer
$INSERT[] = "....
The same question for mysql_db_tables
This is simple.
The reason why there are more insert queries AFTER the installation is this:
The /install/index.php file contain a few insert queries, but is essentially a trick.
The REAL database action takes place in the /install/resources/install_<1-9>.php files. These files are used by /install/index.php to insert the data and tables into the database. Therefore, it doesn't seem like there are as many $INSERT[] "..."s as expected.

As for the other question, I have no clue. It's best if you ask MrDoom about that(Don't PM him!).
StingReay Wrote:This is simple.
The reason why there are more insert queries AFTER the installation is this:
The /install/index.php file contain a few insert queries, but is essentially a trick.
The REAL database action takes place in the /install/resources/install_<1-9>.php files. These files are used by /install/index.php to insert the data and tables into the database. Therefore, it doesn't seem like there are as many $INSERT[] "..."s as expected.

There is no such thing as install_<1-9>.php files. The code in install/index.php runs mysql_db_tables.php, mysql_db_inserts.php, mybb_theme.xml, and settings.xml among other internal code fragments that are run (i.e. creating the admin user)
Well when i export the sql the big problem is the mybb_templates tables they contain
<div class="somediv">somecontent</div>
The problems are the
"
i have to make it look like
<div class=\"somediv\">somecontent</div>
Have to add
\
before the
"
Otherwise i get errors and there about over 18000 ' " ' very hard to change but i have to
Will there be problems if i do that?

And another question how do you store the admin account before importion of tables in db?
And how do you read the xml files
Whatever you use the export the SQL tables should take care of escaping strings for you. If it doesn't, I wouldn't trust the script, so would use something else to dump the DB.

dikidera Wrote:And another question how do you store the admin account before importion of tables in db?
We don't?
Isn't the admin account created after everything else has been set up?

dikidera Wrote:And how do you read the xml files
MyBB has an XML parser for that Toungue

I'm presuming that you're trying to make some sort of a modification? If so, this doesn't really belong in General Support, so I've moved this to Plugin Development. If I'm mistaken, feel free to tell me.
No actually my torrent source uses your forum as in integrated and im changing the installator of my torrent source
My hobby is to make torrent sites and i help people as u do my version of torrent source is still 0.2 BETA meaning allot of work
And it is not fully interated thats why i have allot work on forum and torrent source