MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how does this work? i mean, do i have to download it, or just register and i have my forum? is it free? thnx
You have to download it from the MyBB site and upload it to your own webhost. MyBB is free. If you find a free webhost (like iVolveHost or MyBB Hosting) you can upload your MyBB there and not pay for webhosting.
ok after i download it, how can i upload it to mybb hosting thing? thnx
For MyBB Hosting Services, read this:
http://www.mybbhosting.com/showthread.php?tid=4
As a matter of interest Dennis, Wink

ftp access ?
Bandwidth ?
Disk-Space ?
Restrictions ?

PS Negate the questions... I was writing when we cross-posted... Wink

Maybe one question... MySQL, how many Db's are the maximum ?
For MyBB Hosting by Marc, on my account, I have unlimited DBs.

Hosting package Red
Shared Ip Address 204.157.11.188
Subdomains 0 / unlimited
Parked Domains 0 / 1
Addon Domains 0 / 1
MySQL Databases 0 / unlimited
Disk usage 0.05 Megabytes
SQL Disk usage 0.00 Megabytes
Disk space available 1999.95 Megabytes
Bandwidth usage (current month) 0.00 Megabytes
Email Accounts 0 / unlimited
Email Forwarders 0
Autoresponders 0
Mailing Lists 0 / unlimited
Email filters 0
Ftp Accounts 0 / unlimited

But these questions about the MyBB Hosting organization should be posted on their board, not here Smile
Yep!

Sorry for the deviation from protocol... The 'Old' fella just seen "Star Spangled Heaven" (Joke)... Wink

I really should start a 'serious' forum, if I could only find something to talk about..

And someone who would install it for me.. ??

Toungue
Generally there are two standard ways of uploading content (in your case, myBB) onto your website hosting.

If they require browser uploads, you can upload the .zip file and then unzip it in your hosting and rename the folder.

Or you could download a FTP client software (I use smartFTP).
once using the FTP software you could upload the required files to your website hosting.

You can refer to the documents contained within the myBB zip file (or the tar.gz thingy if you're on a mac) to find out how to install it. However you need to know how to login to your mySQL database.

I hope this isn't all too confusing. If I knew some detail of where you would be considering hosting your myBB It would be easier to explain with examples.

As for myBB being free? yes it is.

If you're unsure which hosting to go for, I suggest the myBB hosting that DennisTT said above. (im too lazy to post the link again).

Post here again to let us know of any complications or problems you have. If all goes well, let us know if your installation was successful Smile
i want to upload it to the mybb free hosting thing, how can i actually do that?