MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have tried 2 others, can't get help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My discusware board crashed and I am wanting to go with a new board so I have tried installing 2 other boards and have had problems with both installs. My head is pounding and I am frustrated beyond belief. I am looking for a board that is easy to install or one for which someone is around to ask questions of. My board has been down for several days and the natives are getting restless. HELP!!!!
Hi,

Could I clarify something? Is your server crashing, or your board just getting messed up? For the former, it would be an issue with your server and unlikely to be an issue with forum software.
My board got messed up. The issue is with my webhost, they keep moving me around on the server and changing my path. I have always been able to fix it before but some yahoo from earthlink decided he could fix it for me and totally messed it up. I am not an expert, it is my first and only attempt at a website much less a discussion board. I have kept it running since 2003 and now I am frazzled and frustrated.
If you host changes the forum directory name, you should have visited the admin control panel and changed it within the forum software as-well.
I tried that but there were several places it had to be changed and I guess I didn't find them all. Getting help from Discusware was like getting help from Earthlink.
If your host is constantly changing your path, I'd probably suggest you look for a better host - really, hosts should not be constantly changing your path.

But for MyBB, if your path changes, the only update required is the board URL in the AdminCP.
I got it installed!!!!