MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trashcan section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a trashcan section and now have alot of older threads to delete since the changed over. How would I go about deleting these older posts in the trashcan without people loosing post counts ?
Since MyBB wasn't designed to work this way, this will require a number of code modifications.
Still however, note that if you do a recount in the AdminCP, everything will be reset anyway.
Thanks ZiNgA BuRgA but after deleting all the trash and using the recount it hasn't made any change we've all ended up with reduced post counts now Sad
No, your post counts aren't "reduced", they are "reset".

I thought you wanted users to have higher post counts even when their threads/posts were deleted?
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:No, your post counts aren't "reduced", they are "reset".

I thought you wanted users to have higher post counts even when their threads/posts were deleted?

No I just want to be able to delete old unwanted posts/threads without people loosing their post count
Then you'd delete the threads without recounting in the Admin Panel.
Create a new forum which is not visible to anyone except Administrators. Write a plugin which will zero out the body of any post in that forum (to save on DB space. The headers of the posts (author, date, and thread) will still be set, so your users will still get credit for them. Take care to develop this plugin on a copy of your database so you don't accidentally zero out any post you actually want to keep.
The trashcan is hidden in the admin part of the forum but I can't write mods for this. I thought the forum would come with something like this
I remember having a "Trashcan" forum mod on my board at one point... Hmm. I might have it still.