MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there going to be anything new for this?? all i have is MyBank and thats hardly exciting. whereas myplaza has loads of features. let me know. ta.
Sorry...I have all of Lex's work. I just need to create threads at Mybb Central for them all. And it's difficult to write extensive plugins when we are so close to 1.4 which may require a lot of rewritting.

What feature are you hoping for?
IMO MYplaza> MYPS or w/e anyday of the week, rofl.
It is sad that Lex was the only one willing to make addons for myps. Now that he's gone, it does seem less likely that new ones will be coming out. I'm slowly figuring things out, but I'm no where near ready to start writing them myself. Sad
Well there are probably less than 5 regular plugin authors period so of course losing Lex will be noticed.

Quote:IMO MYplaza> MYPS or w/e anyday of the week, rofl.

I don't normally trust the judgement of someone that can't even compare their own shoes properly.

[Image: l_0116af1c0288b6236546f48ff25cd3f4.jpg]

However you are certainly entitled to your opinion. MYPS is not in a contest with any other plugins. In 3 years when I am still here and coding for mybb we shall see if you still feel the same way. Over time MYPS will have a great number of add-ons.

Thanks anyways.
LOL HOW U GET TAT PICTURE?

ahah that's how i am @@
What i remembered was that MYPS have lots of other plugins before lex left like Changing username, bank, lottery, mybet, and lots of others....It is just that it cant be found here which is why most people think that MYPS have very little add-ons.....Generally, both have similar amount of plugins.

I also recalled lex has a blog and gallery plugin but he never wanted release them....which is a waste =(......

However, i think the plugin makers deserved more respect and recognition than what the threadstarter and Newman are giving.....No offense, You guys sounds like you are demanding rather than asking.....
It's called freedom of speech.
Tianzhui Wrote:What i remembered was that MYPS have lots of other plugins before lex left like Changing username, bank, lottery, mybet, and lots of others....It is just that it cant be found here which is why most people think that MYPS have very little add-ons.....Generally, both have similar amount of plugins.

I actually have them all. I contacted Lex and a couple weeks later he sent me a nice Zip file giving me (and only me) permission to take them over. I been busy but today I will make it a mission to get threads up for each of them at MYbb Central.

btw...the Lottery I made and it's at Webmasterforums.biz. I have a couple plugins there for MYPS. I always liked the coding Lex did for MYPS but his visual presentation wasn't MYBB standard and imho that left them a bit unattractive. I hope to go through them one at a time and update them to mybb standards (like trow1 and trow2 stuff).

MYPS is far from dead and while I don't code nearly as fast as Zinga Burga I tend to release my stuff completed and with as many features as possible. I would rather release working simple non-buggy code than to add limitless features with ajax and other candy. I actually just added to my sig a neat thing I read this week on the web. KISS (keep it simple stupid). It's always been my approach to mybb plugins. MYPS is the epitomy of that ideal.

Thanks for reading.
LOL...yeah, I've had to go into Lex's plugins and fix them to make them more mybb friendly...but I still miss his help. I could always count on him for help, when no one else seemed willing. He is missed.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, Labrocca.
Pages: 1 2