MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] users cannot login (Merge system)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I used the merg system to convert my phpbb3 board to my MYBB board.

www.24-7GT.com/forums/

Now when users try to login they cant and I even enabled the loginconvert.php thing.

Sad
All users have to reset their passwords after you merge.
LOL? Are u kidding me?

LOL. and how do they even login? lol
No. I am not kidding. Tell them to go to the login page and then the lost password option and then they can reset their password there Smile
Yes well that is the dumbest crap ever.

cant believe it wasn't converted.. but hey guess what life throws curveballs everyday so i guess ima have to do it.

too bad i dont have a email host?

Help.. lol
Newman Wrote:Yes well that is the dumbest crap ever.

cant believe it wasn't converted.. but hey guess what life throws curveballs everyday so i guess ima have to do it.

too bad i dont have a email host?

Help.. lol

Its not MyBB's fault, nor the converters. Once a password is input into the mysql, it is then encrypted by MD5 encryption, which is a one way encryption. Some forums, portals, cms's are even going further and salting in peppering their passwords or going further steps to protect their users passwords etc. So really they can't extract the passwords from my sql decrypt it then reinsert it under the MyBB's way of dealing with a md5 encrypted password.

TBH, I haven't even looked at the code to see how MyBB handles the encrypting of passwords.
Ok well then how do i get the smpt account stuff?

LOL

K ccan somone tell me how to put in the outgoing mail server?

i got everything else..
All of you are incorrect. The MyBB Merge system has a plugin that allows you to convert passwords. You need to make sure that loginconvert.php found in the convert/ directory is moved into the inc/plugins/ directory and activated.

Edit: Can you send me FTP and phpMyAdmin details so I can debug what's going on? Also, I need someone's username / password to test with, that was converted (if you cannot provide a password, then that's fine. I will try my best without it).
ROFL I told them about that login convert!! I KNEW WHY THE HELL WOuld they have that ? LOL

Yea let me send u a PM K :-)

Thanks!!
Tikitiki Wrote:All of you are incorrect. The MyBB Merge system has a plugin that allows you to convert passwords. You need to make sure that loginconvert.php found in the convert/ directory is moved into the inc/plugins/ directory and activated.

Edit: Can you send me FTP and phpMyAdmin details so I can debug what's going on? Also, I need someone's username / password to test with, that was converted (if you cannot provide a password, then that's fine. I will try my best without it).

Not technically but Wink ermm, ok.
Pages: 1 2