MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: birthday doesnt show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
birthday doesnt show on index page although its turned on in settings and it was working some days ago.
Settings writable?
This isn't a feature of MyBB so it is something related to k776's (?) modification if you've installed it at some stage.
I never made a birthday mod Confused Events mods, but not birthday Confused And yes it is a myBB feature. The list of birthdays for that day under the Board Statistics box on index.php Toungue
settimngs are writable. weird it was working some days and i didnt change anything.
No because my birthdays doesnt display at all in the index although they are turned on
its the default theme right?

goto your current template, and find the index page templates.
expand it and look at your index page code.

Make sure it displays the birthday variable thingy there.
under $whoseonline
it should say $birthdays.

If it does, go back in your browser and under the index templates, goto the Index_Birthdays one.
it should say:

<tr><td class="tcat"><strong>$lang->todays_birthdays</td></tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">$bdays</span></td>
</tr>

ok so if its like that, check your theme and make sure that smalltext can be displayed in your browser, if its a different theme the smalltext might be smaller than usual.

**I know in phpBB if you go text the text will show up very small in Firefox, however in Internet Explorer the text doesn't show up at all**

Soo umm if you're using that Maxthon browser you're advertising (in your signature), for example it might not be showing the 'smalltext' simply because its text size display settings are different.

If its not something like that I'd say it would be some code somewhere.
Installed any mods recently?
everything is like that but still they dont display. anyway its not big deal no worries. thanx