MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two of my forums hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had two forums running the previous version of MYBB 1.21 I believe. Anyways, I find out that my website is defaced one day in Joomla and I fix the page then it is defaced again after the Joomla patch. Then I noticed some activity in some of my MyBB files so I rename it and take it offline.

The first instance I'm guessing that someone defaced my site thru a vulnerability in MyBB then got outside of the Mybb directory and defaced the page via .htaccess hack.

I was getting around to updating my other forum when I noticed that my server was taken down today by my provider for a phishing issue. As proof, they showed me a screenshot of a c.html file inside of my MYbb upload directory.

I wiped the second one clean with a new version, new admin username/password.

I'm just wondering what sort of security breach this was and what should I look into further. What about my database username/password. I'm just wondering what has been compromised. Can someone please explain what the vulnerability means?
Follow the instructions in this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=10111