MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To make it so that users are not obligated to enter a post subject? The way I see it, it's rather annoying and I would prefer to have users not having to enter a post subject (unless, of course, the choose to). So, I ask, is it possible?
I could make a mod, but each thread would be named [No subject]. It will get annoying, specially when you don't know in which [no subject] you actually posted in. Wink
I wouldn't think so, as the thread subject is the thread title.

Maybe you could test if it takes a press of the spacebar as a character though?
Well, not for threads, but in posts only. Ack, whatever, it doesn't hurt to ask.
Post subjects aren't required by default. If empty, it puts a default [RE: subject name]
rcpalace Wrote:Post subjects aren't required by default. If empty, it puts a default [RE: subject name]

I think he prefers they become blank. I would tend to agree. It might appear as keyword stuffing by search engines when you have 10 replies each with the same sentence.
You could try this:
In inc/datahandlers/post.php
Find:
if($this->method == "insert" || array_key_exists('subject', $post))
Replace with
if($post['subject'] && ($this->method == "insert" || array_key_exists('subject', $post)))