MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How a Top banner like image can be added?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have installed forum and working ok.

Can anybody give me a method to add a chat to this board? One pluggin I tried and board crashed. ( I have posted here)

How to add a banner like image on the top of this board? is it possible. Also like to have a link back to my home page on that image?
Help

MM
Go into your /images/ folder using FTP and replace the "logo.gif" with the banner you have made, calling the banner now "logo.gif". Logo.gif already links to your main forum page.
typer Wrote:Go into your /images/ folder using FTP and replace the "logo.gif" with the banner you have made, calling the banner now "logo.gif". Logo.gif already links to your main forum page.

Thanks for the info.

logo.gif is a small image.(Will the page loose its alignment if a replace with a big image?) Actually I am looking for placing a big band image or color covering the entire white top blank area. is it possible in this script?

Thanks
micromaster Wrote:Will the page loose its alignment if a replace with a big image?
Try it!

If you want to do special stuff, I strongly recommend that you gain some HTML and CSS knowledge - it will allow you to fine tune your design to exactly what you want Toungue
Thanks. seen your pluggins. Find many usefull
micromaster Wrote:logo.gif is a small image.(Will the page loose its alignment if a replace with a big image?) Actually I am looking for placing a big band image or color covering the entire white top blank area. is it possible in this script?

Thanks

I have used a large banner in the past on MyBB. Shouldn't be a problem with alignment. The problem you'll get is slow loading time if its a large banner and your visitor to the board has "dial-up" Internet. That's one reason I got rid of the large banner because some of my dial-up members complained.
typer Wrote:I have used a large banner in the past on MyBB. Shouldn't be a problem with alignment. ...

I have tried and is ok. But on window resize and different resolutions the top image area and bottom script area will be having different breadths as image will not adjust itself. But it is not a big issue anyway.

Thanks