MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How could i edit the templates w/o in admin contorl panel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like example:

[Image: qn48t1.gif]

I want to edit this in notepad and just beable to save and view quickly i hate editing in admin cp bcz u gota keep going back and i like notepade ++ more..

so where can i find this at in my folder directory so i can edit it with my favorite text editor Big Grin

Thanks! <3 bcz im doing my own style Big Grin
What you can do, is copy and paste the contents of the template into Notepad++, edit it to your needs, then copy and paste it back into the Admin CP.

Unfortunately, unless you plan on editing the entire mybb_theme.xml file, there is no other way to edit the templates.
Oh ok well i guess i'll just have to learn.

Thanks..
There is another way afaik, but is way too hard. That would be extracting the template from within your MySQL DB, which I do not recommend.

Your DB -> [prefix]_templates. In there find the one you want to edit. If your host allows remote MySQL adminsitration, if you still want to do it like that then I would suggest to get MySQL GUI Tools and access your DB with MySQL Administrator.

[Image: 82853945kn4.jpg]
I would not recommend that method unless you really know what you are doing. All the templates in the various template sets are contained in there, and you may be changing the incorrect template.
Alright, I'll probably wont anyway.