MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making my username Clickable in header.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol See where it says "Welcome back, Newman."

I want to edit it so it says that but makes Newman Clickable right to the there profile! :-)
You can't really do that, since the {$lang->welcome_back} in the header_welcomeblock_member template displays the "Welcome back," and the "You last visited." So if you did link to a profile using that, it would make that whole block a link.

You could add a language template on possibly, but I have no clue how to do that.
Oh, lol i thought i just needed to like <a href= tags around it xD

Hmm...
Weird request...in the header the USERCP link already exists. If you want to alter this line I don't see how without a core file change. Sorry spent 10 minutes on it though.
well I know usercp links to EDIT there profile but I want this to like link to there PROFILE Lol

/member.php?action=profile&uid=2877

thats u LAbrocca Toungue
In usercp there is a link in navigation to view profile.
Oh, well ya i dun want that, lol

Can u show me how to make that do what i want tho? Big Grin in header ^^
Open AdminCP->Language Packs->Manage->Your Language->global.lang.php

Change welcome_back to
<strong>Welcome back, <a href='member.php?action=profile&uid={1}'>{2}</a></strong>. You last visited: {3}
SAVE FILE ( make sure it's writable)!
Note: You will receive an error until you do the following file edit...

Open global.php
Find
	$lang->welcome_back = sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);

Replace with :
$lang->welcome_back = sprintf($lang->welcome_back,$mybb->user['uid'], $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);

Your done! I know it requires edits, but it's just a quick and easy way..
WOW Dont worry aboutt he edit's.. I used to be with phpbb for about 2years and i installed over much pretty 252352codes of lines manually :-)

I just dont know anything about php, lol Or mybb yet..

Unfortunately this step took me a lil bit closer!!

WOW MAN THANKS SO Much!!! if i had $ i donate.. but my mom took her credit card away from me hheeh lol

Lol your hella smart i bet u can prob help me do this too ? Smile lol sorry but this old topic needs to be finished xD
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=29338