MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Running Installation - Multiple Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so Im installing it onto my computer.
I upload the files to my apache root.

browse to the install directory, ok, first error.

Notice: Undefined variable: action in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 75

ok so i go through the installation, w00t.
ok it makes all the tables.
the next, page, 4 new errors.

Notice: Use of undefined constant hostname - assumed 'hostname' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 259

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 259

Notice: Use of undefined constant password - assumed 'password' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 259

Notice: Use of undefined constant database - assumed 'database' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 260

next page, more errors.

Notice: Use of undefined constant hostname - assumed 'hostname' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 285

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 285

Notice: Use of undefined constant password - assumed 'password' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 285

Notice: Use of undefined constant database - assumed 'database' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 286

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 308

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 328

ok, so i enter my forum name and the url and stuff. now.. I seem to always get these errors. Its the mySQL one that worries me.

Notice: Use of undefined constant hostname - assumed 'hostname' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 382

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 382

Notice: Use of undefined constant password - assumed 'password' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 382

Notice: Use of undefined constant database - assumed 'database' in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 383

Notice: Undefined variable: email in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 392

Notice: Undefined variable: settings in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 432

Notice: Undefined variable: forumpermissions in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\mybb\inc\datacache.php on line 107
mySQL error: 1146
Table 'mybb2.mybb_threads' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_threads

now heading onto the forums index. I rename the install folder.
and then refresh.

mySQL error: 1146
Table 'mybb2.mybb_threads' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT f.*, t.subject AS lastpostsubject FROM mybb_forums f LEFT JOIN mybb_threads t ON (t.tid = f.lastposttid) WHERE active!='no' ORDER BY f.pid, f.disporder

now earlier on, it said that the mybb_threads did exist. what's going on?
The apache server I run on my computer is designed to be a development server and therefore show all the errors. so sorry about those Notices if they aren't supposed to come up, however its best if they don't show up. Big Grin
just a note.
If i could just find the code that makes the mybb_threads table I could do it manually but i cant seem to find the sucker.

**edit**

ok silly me i found the db_tables.php

I inserted the SQL manually and then got this error :/

Quote: MySQL said: Documentation
#1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes
ok, got it working.

I had to add
TYPE = MYISAM;

to the end. This is the only table type that requires FULLTEXT indexing which is required for searching through. whilst MYISAM is default for most databases, it wasn't for my PHPMYADMIN and musn't have been for my sql either.
It's good you managed to solve this problem on your own, Netrosis Smile. So everything is error free now?
yeah.
At first i thought it was because my PHP wasn't setup to use the mbstring function since I was useing UTF8 data, I thought it wasn't properly breaking up the code. Then i realised that wasn't right after i fixed up that on the development end.

So now, I looked up the file, and eventually found where it created the tables. Smile
I simply searched for mybb_threads
and copied that into phpMyAdmin raw. (with the MyISAM).

Im yet to test its posting abilites on my forum though Smile

but at least everything is displaying.
Ok I am getting the same exact errors as you, but I am really new at this and have no idea how you were able to fix it. Can you please post what you did to get it going?

Thanks.

ScreamingMonkey
There are two things you can do, the second one is reccommended.
Ok, unzip all the files. or whatever.
goto Upload/Install/Resources/

backup db_tables.php (either by renaming or copying to another place)

try replacing it with the one I have attached below, (upload).
and run, I manually injected the code, but this should do the same.

Option Two

if you have access to phpMyAdmin, or have another way of using SQL manually to inject. (If you have Cpanel, you can go do mySql, and then there is a link down the bottom).

browse to your mybb table, then put this sql code in.
CREATE TABLE mybb_threads (
  tid int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  fid smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  subject varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
  icon smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  poll smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  uid smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  username varchar(80) NOT NULL default '',
  dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0',
  lastpost bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0',
  lastposter varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
  views int(100) NOT NULL default '0',
  replies int(100) NOT NULL default '0',
  closed varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  sticky smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  numratings smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  totalratings smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  notes text NOT NULL,
  visible smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  messageindex text NOT NULL,
  subjectindex text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (tid),
  KEY subject (subject),
  FULLTEXT KEY subject_2 (subject)
) TYPE = MYISAM;

once that's done, continue with installation as normal.

Let me know which option you took and if it worked. I did the second option myself which worked.

By the way, is it just mybb.mybb_threads that doesn't exist?
Netrosis, you are a life saver.Smile I used option one (copy the file you attached to your post) rerun the installation and it worked right away.

Thanks.
I tried both methods but I am having an issue creating the mybb_threads table. The error:
#1283 - Column 'subject' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index

Any ideas?

Thanks