MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm about to upgrade from 1.2.10 to 1.2.12, backed-up my database, the whole site, & analysed the PHP differences between my current forum files & the original so I wouldn't lose my script modifications.

Now I'm wondering, after the hopefully gone-well upgrade, how can I reincorporate my attachments, download section files & other mods, just by copying them?
Do I have to run the forums back-up to get the discussions back?
Do I have to re-install other MyBB-related databases such as Ajax Chat from phpmyadmin, or just copy the files?

Thanks in advance. Smile
ok if you are using mods that use the mybb pugin manger then you just need to stop them when you are upgrading then just uploaded the new file to your host then run the update.php file in the instill folder job done. it would also be a good idear to close you forum for this short time as well.

if you have made changes to the mybb files and not used use the pug-in manger then you will have to save that code and add it to the new files after you have update your forum.

so most of your mods should still work when you do this update
as most mods that you get use the pug-in manger
You should disable the plugins in the settings section not the pluggins manager though because if you disable them in the plugin manager you will loose all your plugin data Sad I learnt the hard way :p
Epifrin Wrote:Now I'm wondering, after the hopefully gone-well upgrade, how can I reincorporate my attachments, download section files & other mods, just by copying them?
The attachments won't be affected by the upgrade. I'm not so sure about the modifications however, you should contact the modification author on upgrade instructions
Epifrin Wrote:Do I have to run the forums back-up to get the discussions back?
No they will be preserved with the upgrade
Epifrin Wrote:Do I have to re-install other MyBB-related databases such as Ajax Chat from phpmyadmin, or just copy the files?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Please contact the modification author for support on that.
Thanks everyone for your inputs. Smile