MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.12 IP Address Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=8813]

Hi guys.

See the attached image, I have some kind of a bug that on all my forums it shows the same IP address for each user.

Any idea?

Thanks,
it can be happen whene you (as example) open your site one with FF, 2 with IE, 3 with Opera....
you well see three guests with the same IP
This sometimes happens to me when I only have ONE instance of my site open, it will show:
+LA.StingReay
xx.xx.xx.x
xx.xx.xx.x

(IPs x'd for security reasons, but they ARE the same.)
(If you're wondering what +LA. means, PM me.)
StingReay Wrote:This sometimes happens to me when I only have ONE instance of my site open, it will show:
+LA.StingReay
xx.xx.xx.x
xx.xx.xx.x

(IPs x'd for security reasons, but they ARE the same.)
(If you're wondering what +LA. means, PM me.)

If you logged in after opening your site, you might have a duplicate session.
Also, another possibility is if multiple people are on the site from the same network (ie a school, or home network).
I think disabling cookies on the client side may have a similar effect too...
It's not that. I don't have multiple sessions open, and when I check my logs, it's clearly different people...
Was this a fresh install of 1.2.12 or an update? If it was an update are you sure you updated all the files?
MrDoom Wrote:Was this a fresh install of 1.2.12 or an update? If it was an update are you sure you updated all the files?

Fresh install.
* Dennis Tsang smacks himself

172.16.x.x is part of a private IP network. That is, your server's detecting all your visitors through another computer on your network (probably a router).

You should look at your PHP Info (through the Admin CP) to see if there's a variable in $_SERVER which holds your real IP address (if so, post it here). Otherwise, you'll have to ask your host to resolve this issue as it is not something that we can fix on our side.