MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Header Template Help - Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, So I edited my templates (header, header_guest, header_member, header_member_admin) (or what ever they are called)

Anyways, a mate told me he was able to see the Admin CP link as a registered user, obviously I don't want this, but rather, only for Admin's to be able to see it, so I went to the header_member and removed the link from the template, but now I can't see it and I am an admin, now, what I thought was that the header_guest template, was what guests would see, the header_member is what standard (non admin) members would see, hence why I edited this template to remove the admin CP link.
And that the header_memberadmin template is what admin's see, hence why I left the link in that template.
But this doesn't seem to be the case, what Must I do to hide the Admin CP from everyone that is not an admin...what templates must I edit...
From my experiance I had tonight, I'm assuming not the header templates
ok login to the acp- go to mange usergruops and make sure each group is not set to see the acp but admins lol

let me know if this sorts you problem
lol I'm not quite that n00b...Toungue
Nah, it didn't help, it was already set to no before, that option is "Can Access Admin CP" not "Can See Admin CP"
I'm almost 100% sure you have the link to the admin CP in header_member template. If he is not an admin, then MyBB will get that template instead of the header_member_admin one.
im about 100% confused
Allright, you should have something like this in your header_welcomeblock_member...

{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$admincplink} &mdash;

That would just show the link to the admin CP only if the current user is an administrator. Could you post your modified version of header_welcomeblock_member?
ohhh...In that case, I found my problem!
Cheers!

I would provide what I had, but I lost it, but the issue was, when I was learning MyBB and how the templates worked, I removed the {admincplink} and added my own a href link to it, thus the "Are you an admin" check wasn't being applied...
Its all fixed now, thanks man!