MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Several Websites - One Login?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am designing a series of network sites, and I want to use myBB has the forum, but one thing I want to do is that if a member registers on 1 network site, then he/she will be registred on all of the sites in the network.

I do think this is possible by the database but I need your word for it.

Thanks in Advance
Also note that you can not run 2 or so forums on the one database.
Das Tier Wrote:Also note that you can not run 2 or so forums on the one database.

It is possible... just change the prefix of each one.
yottabytewizard Wrote:
Das Tier Wrote:Also note that you can not run 2 or so forums on the one database.

It is possible... just change the prefix of each one.

Yes but i am saying my default
so if I change the prefix from mybb_ during installation that will work?
If so that is great news.
It should, but here's what I would do:
mybb_
mybb2_
mybb3_

And so on.
Then, use the MyBB Merger to merge all the sites' table data.
I've tried it , but when I registred has a test user, it didn't register on the second site Sad is there another way?
If you are merging websites, then you only need one database... but if you can only have one database and you want 2 or more forums, you can change the prefix of the installation.

For what I understand you have another host/domain/computer and you want to access the same database stored in one place. If this is true, then the MySQL host (where you have the MyBB DB) must have remote access enabled, that way you can access it from another host/domain/computer. In the first link that I provided would be all the information regarding how to login from different websites using MyBB's users.