MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, I'm terribly sorry if this is the wrong forum. If it is, feel free to move it. Anyways, I was wondering if it's possible to add your own variables to tell where a user is on the "Who's Online" page. I already know that you can edit this by going to "online.lang.php", but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do. For example, I have a photo gallery (coppermine), games section and a downloads section. I also have another half of the site that my users can go to. When one is actually the aforementioned pages, the "Who's Online" page lists them as viewing Unknown Location. So, can I put my own information in, somewhere?
Yes there are ways for a plugin to hook into the whos online page I believe but I personally haven't bothered to add them. I guess I may have to take a gander at the code and see what I can hook into for my plugins.
Well actually, I was wondering if you could edit the online.lang.php file and add your own stats in there.
It's not that simple. You also need to make sure that whatever you add parses...that will require a plugin or a core file change.
I'd have to add a case in online.php and add a variable to online.lang.php, right?