MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yet another upgrading problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently tried to upgrade my forum from ver. 1.2.9 to 1.2.12. Having uploaded everything (replacing) the files in the server, after pointing to "/install/upgrade.php", I got this message in return:

Quote:Warning: main(/home/www/webdir/forum/inc/db_.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/webdir/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/www/webdir/forum/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/webdir/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

A friend o mine told me that I screwed up everything right in the beginning by overwriting the config.php & settings.php. Is it possible for me to recover things so that I can get my forum up & running again?

*shame on me for not referring to the Documentation in the first place Sad
The error states that db_.php is missing, find it, and upload it to the folder stated in the error to fix it.
Sorry but I can't find the file (db_.php) even in the downloaded installation zip file.
Because the file is not called db_.php, So in the file inc/config.php open it up in a text editor and find $config['dbtype'] = ''; make sure it looks like $config['dbtype'] = 'mysqli'; or $config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';
You probably overwrote your existing inc/config.php by mistake. You're not supposed to overwrite it when you upgrade.

If you have a backup of it, please restore it, or else you can use the template found at [wiki]inc/config.php[/wiki] to recreate one.
Oh! It works! Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help.
On behalf of all the people that replied, you are welcome and if you need any other help just ask :p
Oops! I thought all errors were solved but it doesn't. I can't post like usual. When I push the 'Post Thread' or 'Post Reply' button, the board returned:
Quote:Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

Another problem occurred when I try to log out even when I click the Logout button at the top menu. The board returned:
Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

I can access the Admin CP but now I can't post and log out normally. Does this have to do with my overwritten settings.php file? Thanks in advance for all your help.