MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Big Attachment ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello i am trying to uplaod a zip file of 20MB as a attachment and after a while a get Invalid forum. What is the problem?

i also just tried to upload a file of 4MB and it get me to the posting page without the file. For a file of 500kb everything went fine..

i have increased the limit of uploaded zip file to 100MB..
Whats your upload_max_filesize? (Go to the ACP -> Maintenance -> View PHP Info)
How to increase the limit of upload file size.
Thank you.
hm.. it is 2MB.. i am going to change it.. Wink
chaime Wrote:How to increase the limit of upload file size.
Thank you.

I think thats a question haha.

You need to change the php.ini file.

You probably can do it with a .htaccess as well but, I'm not sure how to do that but a quick google search will tell you Smile

Hope that helps!
i changed it to 120MB.. but i still get the invalid forum error..

i edited php.ini and restarted apache.. i am missing sth?
You need to change a number of variables, not just the max upload size.
Use this guide as a reference:
Quote:For example, to increase the limit on uploaded files to 10 MB:
  • Add the below to the relevant php.ini file (recommended, if you have access). Note that for some hosts this is a system-wide setting. However, for hosts running PHP as a CGI script with suexec (for example) you may be able to put these directives in a php.ini file in your Drupal root directory.
    • upload_max_filesize = 10M ;
    • post_max_size = 20M ;

The PHP documentation states that the memory_limit setting also affects file uploading. Generally speaking, memory_limit should be larger than post_max_size. If this is an issue, see the page on how to Increase memory in your php.ini

Source: http://drupal.org/node/97193
nope.. i changed post_max_size and memory_limit but nothing changed Sad
If uploading 4MB and 20MB are giving different results, there may be a memory issue on your server.
My server has 1.5GB DDR2 memory.. and runs on SuSE 10.2

i tried also an 10MB file and i get the same error..

with an 5MB and 3MB file it returns to the post page without adding the attachment..
Pages: 1 2