MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help, Problems with BBcode/smilies icons not showing up for my admin user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I log in with different user names, everything is fine. But when I log in as my first created admin, when I click new reply there is no bbcode buttons or smile icons.

Also, other people say it works right on my site, but no which user I use, after I hit new reply or quote someone, after the redirect of posting the page jumps to the top and not above the last post like it should.

Any help would be great. And I'll edit my website info in my profile if you want to take a look.

Also, my Lite (Archive) mode don't work. the first page shows up but anything else is a dead link.
martianvirus Wrote:When I log in with different user names, everything is fine. But when I log in as my first created admin, when I click new reply there is no bbcode buttons or smile icons.
Try UserCP -> Edit Options and make sure Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages. is ticked.

martianvirus Wrote:Also, other people say it works right on my site, but no which user I use, after I hit new reply or quote someone, after the redirect of posting the page jumps to the top and not above the last post like it should.
I can't think of much unless your browser isn't following anchor links... After the redirect, there should be a "#pid___" sort of thing at the end of the address. Do you get that? If so, what browser are you using?

martianvirus Wrote:Also, my Lite (Archive) mode don't work. the first page shows up but anything else is a dead link.
This may happen if your Apache doesn't support the friendly URLs. Try opening up archive/global.php,
Find:
// If archive mode deos not work, uncomment the line below and try again
// define("ARCHIVE_QUERY_STRINGS", 1);
Replace with
define("ARCHIVE_QUERY_STRINGS", 1);
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
martianvirus Wrote:When I log in with different user names, everything is fine. But when I log in as my first created admin, when I click new reply there is no bbcode buttons or smile icons.
Try UserCP -> Edit Options and make sure Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages. is ticked.

martianvirus Wrote:Also, other people say it works right on my site, but no which user I use, after I hit new reply or quote someone, after the redirect of posting the page jumps to the top and not above the last post like it should.
I can't think of much unless your browser isn't following anchor links... After the redirect, there should be a "#pid___" sort of thing at the end of the address. Do you get that? If so, what browser are you using?

martianvirus Wrote:Also, my Lite (Archive) mode don't work. the first page shows up but anything else is a dead link.
This may happen if your Apache doesn't support the friendly URLs. Try opening up archive/global.php,
Find:
Replace with

Thanks! I'll give this a try. Smile
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Find:
Replace with

The archive mode fix didn't fix it. And a question about the redirect, where would that code be? Would that be in the templates under new reply? Also, I tried IE7 and Firefox, same thing.
Just to be sure...

This is while posting..
newreply.php?tid=8&pid=329

After the post..
showthread.php?tid=8&pid=330&

So after the post it leaves me sitting at the top of the page instead of the last new post.

I've looked in the template codes and can't figure it out.

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks

I got those other issues, other then the Archive figured out.Smile
I don't know about the Archive. Could you give a link to your forum?

As for the redirect URLs, they _should_ look like:
showthread.php?tid=8&pid=330#pid330

To double-check, open up newreply.php and see if you can find this line of code:
$url = "showthread.php?tid=$tid&pid=$pid#pid$pid";