MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help pls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yay i got my forums up! but, i was using the mybbhosting thing, and my url contains the username of mybbhosting. is there any way i can change the url via ACP?
If you mean you want to change _____.mybbhosting.com, you must ask the server admin (Marc) to do it for you.
yea that wat i did. i was just wondering if i could do it manually in the ACP. but thanks btw.
btw, if i start adding forums right now, and then when the dude changes the url, will i loose everything? i mean, do i have to start again or it doesnt matter? thnx
no, the file structure should stay intact. however, you will need to goto your settings and change the directory structure. its in your Admin CP somewhere.
Netrosis Wrote:no, the file structure should stay intact. however, you will need to goto your settings and change the directory structure. its in your Admin CP somewhere.
i dont get it, wat you mean?
With the url you have three options.

1. username.mybbhosting.com (This is default)

2. mybbhosting.com/~username

3. Buy a domain (I don't sell domains as of yet, so you'll need to use Godaddy or someone like that) and park it in cPanel.

The data won't be lost, everything will remain in the database.
ok, but can i change my username in mybbhosting thing so the url changes to the name of the forum i want? thnx
All questions about MyBB Hosting need to be posted on the Support Forum or Live Support Chat.

Marc