MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum/Post Time issues & Dissapearing Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having two problems in my mybb forum- (I'm running version 1.2.12 (1212))

The first one appeared only yesterday.
It seems like a couple of messages only that were posted at random times (no specific server hour) were bumped up (as in, their time changed). For example someone posted in a thread at 8pm, and it appeared to them as 1pm. The PMs have been experiencing those same problems as well, several users have reported it, though I myself have yet to have it happen to me.

I'm thinking it can probably be something related to DST and/or the server's time itself, but I'm a little at a loss on what to look for to find out what caused the glitch.

The second issue is from a couple days back, there is (so far only one user) that has had her posts' content be "automagically" disappearing. She's using the X Small text code to format her posts, yet this was not happening before.
Now some of her posts from some days back are appearing truncated, as:

Quote:[size=x-small]The post content he

And there has been no edits marked, and the posts were showing up fine before.

If anyone has any ideas on what could be going on for both, I'd be grateful for any help.
Those posts show truncated to that user only or to all users? The posts he made.
To at least two users.
Well, at least four have reported to see the posts truncated now, apart from myself and the poster.
Do you have any bbCode or similar modifications installed?
When you go to actually edit the post, is all the content in there?

As for the time issue, if the server's time glitched up somewhere, unfortunately, there's nothing much that can be done... (unless you want to manually fix all the times)
I have some simple bbCode mods installed, the one for mod edits, and a spoiler tag- neither was used on those posts, and spoiler tag, but they had been installed since I put the forum up way back, and I hadn't recently updated them or anything to cause weird behavior.

As for editing the post, when I try (quick or full mode), they're still truncated.

About the time, I'm just assuming it's the server, it's the only thing that could have messed up since when it started no one had touched anything, but was putting it out there to see if anyone else had other thoughts on why it could've happened.
Link to your forum?

Are your user's timezones set correctly? (In User CP --> Edit Options)
Link to my forum: http://legionbjd.com.ar/foro/index.php

Timezones are set correctly, yes. For both the forum software and individual users.

As for the truncated posts, they are happening only to that user, and noticing now- it seems like it may have truncated also just one post that wasn't using the x-small tag.

I think pretty much most of these posts were made on guest-visible forums, if either link of example doesn't work it's probably a registered user only forum: Example truncated post, another two examples (first post then the next reply she makes), then another, finally the one where se didn't use x-small (although she did in the reply which also got truncated).
If your site is hosted on multiple servers (load-balanced) then if one of your servers does not have the correct time, this might be the cause. You might want to ask your web host if all the server's times are configured correctly.
For the truncated posts, if the data behind it is also truncated (ie quoting/editing the post), are you sure it's not an error on her side? For example, maybe she is cutting out the posts, or maybe there's an issue with her internet connection?
I had a problem where the last post in the thread would be wrong but ONLY for certain members. You would see the correct "last post" on the forum index page but when you went into the thread it didn't display the posts. This happened repeatedly to some users and I could never figure out why.
Pages: 1 2